Gift for children
If you are a parent, then you know how difficult it can be to find a gift for your child. After all, not only do they change so much over the years, but they also have very different interests at each stage of their development. Luckily, I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite gifts for kids at different ages so that you can get started right away!
- Babies will not be able to use most of these things, but they can still have fun when they are given as gifts.
- Baby toys are different than toys for older children. They should stimulate the senses and encourage movement.
- For toddlers, you want a toy that is safe for them to play with. Make sure it doesn’t have sharp edges or parts that could break off and be swallowed.
- Choose something they can learn from, like a puzzle or board game. Check out this list of the best toddler puzzles and games!
- Get toys that encourage creativity, like art supplies or building blocks (blocks are great because they help teach counting and colors). If you want to make your own toddler activity table check out this easy tutorial!
- Finally, choose toys that allow your child to socialize with other kids. Toy cars and other vehicles are always great for this purpose but there are even more options out there if those aren't your thing!
- A gift card to a toy store
- A book
- A new toy
- A new backpack
- And/or a new lunch box
Elementary School Aged Kids
- Coloring books.
- Crayons and colored pencils.
- Pencils, erasers, etc.
- Notebooks (for writing in).
- Stickers—favorites are usually animals or sports-related.
- Glue sticks (for gluing things to other things).
- Construction paper is always popular as well; kids like to make their own art projects! It's also great for coloring on too!
- This age group is a tough one to buy for. You don't want to give them something too young for their age, but you also can't go too old or they'll lose interest in it.
- When shopping for tweens/early teens, consider getting something they can use or play with that has some appeal to their interests—whether it's video games or music. You'll be able to find something that fits within your budget and that they will enjoy!
If you are struggling with finding a gift for a child, here are some ideas to get you started
- Gift ideas for kids
- Gift ideas for boys
- Gift ideas for girls
- Gift ideas for toddlers
- Gift ideas for babies
- Gift ideas for boys and girls
The best thing about giving a gift to a child is that there are so many options! From toys and books to clothes and games, there are so many things you can get them. The key is finding something they will love and enjoy playing with.